Send As SMS

MR. BEAN'S HOLIDAY

starring: Rowan Atkinson, Willem Dafoe...
director: Steve Bendelack
writer: Simon McBurney (Story), Hamish McColl (Screenplay)


date: 09/06/07
reviewer: clarkey
rating: 5.0

Mr. Bean is back and is on a holiday in the sequel to the Mr. Bean's first feature length film, Bean. But this time, replace Los Angeles with Cannes, France. Whether or not you like the Rowan Atkinson's infamous character or British comedy will determine whether or not you will enjoy the film. I love both, so I went with some expectations. Did I enjoy the film? To some extent, I enjoyed it, but would I watch it again? Probably not. Would I recommend people to see it in theatres? Definitely not.

I laughed throughout the flick and I found the film pretty funny; however, the film itself wasn't the greatest. The story was the usual vacation-gone-wrong and was extremely predictable and full of plot holes, which also goes for the whole part of Bean having to look after a kid after a mix-up in the train station. The character development in this film was pretty one-dimensional and even the notable actors were not at their usual brilliance (think Dafoe). Normally, comedies are not the best made films and usual have plot holes and lack of development. However, the laughs usually justify the lack of proper development of characters and stories. Well, that is not the case in Bean's Vacation. There are laughs, but not enough to cover up the series of plot holes and too many one-dimensional characters. This film is meant to be seen by Mr. Bean fans only and for some of them, they may want to wait for video or get the pirated version because forking over $10 for this film was a waste of my hard-earned money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home