Send As SMS

SECRET WINDOW

Cast: Johnny Depp, John Turturro, Maria Bello...
Director: David Koepp
Writer: Stephen King (Novel), David Koepp



Review Date: n/a
Written By: Clarkey
Rating: 6/10

THE PLOT:
Mort Rainey (Depp), a writer just coming off of a troublesome divorce with his ex-wife, Amy (Bello), finds himself stalked at his remote lake house by a psychotic stranger (Turturro) who claims Mort stole his best story idea (changing just the ending)

THE REVIEW:
It seems like every couple of months, there is another Stephen King book that has been adapted into a movie. Secret Window is based on the novel Secret Window, Secret Garden by none other than King. I don’t hate the man, he is one of the best writers ever and I respect him, but come on, do we really have to make every single one of his stories a movie. The story was good, but I kind of figured out the ending halfway through and lost interest in it. There is an obvious twist in the movie that will take most by surprise, but for some moviebuffs, such as myself, knew what was coming.

As for the acting, Johnny Depp is one of my new favourite actors and I was rooting for him at the Oscars. He, once again, does one hell of a job playing Mort Rainey. The movie is solely based on him and he has many scenes were he is by his lonesome. The other John (Turturro) also does a great job as Shooter, the man who supposedly stole Mort’s story. He does a great job creeping you out with his eeriness. He is scary, while being polite at the same time and it works awesome. As for, the rest of the cast, they were decent, but like I said before, the movie is all about Mort and his troubles with Shooter. So they don’t too many scenes.

The directing was great, too. David Koepp does a wonderful job behind the camera. Some of the angles of shots are brilliant and I applaud him for a job well done. He also does a decent job with adapting the King’s story into a screenplay. Like I said before, it was kind of predictable to some people, but it had its moments. I especially liked the estranged divorce that Mort is going through.

I didn’t mind this movie, the acting was great, the direction was just as great, but it was the story that I had problems with, (as already mentioned). The predictably of the story made me lose interest in the movie. This is definitely a one-time movie for most people, especially once you find out the ending. The first half was enjoyable, but the ending didn’t add up to the first half, unfortunately. I recommend this movie to fans of Johnny Depp and it is a great date movie, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home