Send As SMS

DAWN OF THE DEAD

Cast: Sarah Polley, Ving Rhames, Mekhi Phifer, Jake Webber...
Director: Zack Snyder
Writer: James Gunn



Review Date: 03/24/04
Written By: Clarkey
Rating: 5/10

THE PLOT:
The survivors of a worldwide plague that is producing the flesh-hungry undead, take refuge in a mega shopping mall.

THE REVIEW:
Why must people ruin classics with remakes? The original Dawn of the Dead was released back in 1978 and it was remade just this year. And like many other remakes, it wasn’t good and dragged a good movie reputation through the mud. Now I haven’t seen the original, but I’ve heard that it’s a great movie and after seeing the remake I could put money on it to be better than this one.

I did love how the movie looked. It looked pretty cool. Especially some of the shots that Zack Snyder used. He did a good job behind the camera, but he didn’t have much to work with. Another highlight of this movie was the gore, which was great and some of the best gore I’ve seen in a horror movie since I saw Cabin Fever.

The acting wasn’t anything special, mainly because it was a horror movie, not a drama. However, there were a couple dramatic moments that I personally didn’t take seriously because they actors didn’t do a good job and the dialogue was kind of stupid. Also, the story wasn’t anything special, and from what I’ve heard nothing like the original. James Gunn tried to make a new version of a classic and failed to come anywhere close to George A. Romero’s original. There were quite a few survivors and you couldn’t get into many of the subplots and many of them were underdeveloped.

I didn’t completely hate this movie, but I could’ve waited for video for sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home