Send As SMS

STARSKY AND HUTCH

Cast: Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughan, Jason Batemen, Carmen Electra, Amy Smart, Snoop Dogg...
Director: Todd Phillips
Writer: Todd Phillips, Scot Armstrong...



Review Date: 03/26/04
Written By: Suj
Rating: 6/10

THE PLOT:
Two streetwise cops bust criminals in their red-and-white Ford Torino with the help of police snitch called Huggy Bear.

THE REVIEW:
This film is a truly funny and overall a good time had by all. Todd Phillips, the cat who unleashed to the world the greatness of both "Road Trip" and "Old School" does well in this effort especially the decision to the retro 70s style flick instead of adapting to modern times. Stiller and Wilson are golden and its always going to be a good time when their in movie together. Vince Vaughn always brings the goods and does so here as the villainess Reese Feldman also kudos to his sidekick played by the 80s sitcom star Jason Bateman. Snoop Dogg, well its Snoop Dogg what more can I say? The funniest of all would have to be the appearance of Will Ferrel and the whole jail house sequence. Actually theirs a lot funny scenes which I can't really recall at this moment as I watched the movie about three weeks ago and I’m having trouble remembering since I’ve seen dozens of movie since then. But theirs one scene I do recall that exuded extreme laughter and made me salivate for the camera to pan down as the scene involved Playboy Playmate extrodinar Brande Roderick.

The best aspect of the film is the comedic dynamic between Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller, its just funny stuff. Also the overall look of the film, like I said the whole 70s retro vibe works well. I could have done without the whole homosexual undertones and they could have put more of Carmen and Amy, I was expecting a little more TNA, hopefully their on the DVD extras.

In the end if your looking for some laughs I suggest you check this film out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home