Send As SMS

THE BIG BOUNCE

Cast: Owen Wilson, Morgan Freeman, Sara Foster...
Director: George Armitage
Writer: Elmore Leonard (Novel), Sebastian Gutierrez (Screenplay)



Review Date: n/a
Written By: Clarkey
Rating: 3/10

THE PLOT:
Surfer/drifter/con man Jack Ryan (Wilson) makes his way to Hawaii and lands a job caring for a Walter Crewes (Freeman), a judge on the island. His new gig leads to an involvement with a beautiful, enterprising woman (Foster), who's really the lover of a real estate tycoon (Sinise) - a shady businessman and longtime rival of Judge Crewes. Ryan, naturally, has to choose between the woman, the money, or the honorable path.

THE REVIEW:
I didn’t have much expectation for this movie and was going to wait for video, but I stumbled across a free movie pass. The pass could only be used for certain movies, so my list was limited because I didn’t want to see a movie that I had already seen. It was ultimately The Big Bounce or You Got Served. I knew I was going to despise You Got Served, so I decided to see if The Big Bounce was watchable. Let me tell you, it isn’t.

The movie sucked a big one and it was disappointing to see an all-star cast in this piece of shit. Morgan Freeman usually picks good movies to be in, but made a big mistake putting himself into this god-awful mess. It is almost as bad as when he had a small part in Guilty by Association, my worse of movie of the 2003. Charlie Sheen isn’t anything special anymore, so I didn’t give it another thought when he turned up. But I was disappointed in Gary Sinise and Vinnie Jones who were also in it. The main character is Jack Ryan, played by Owen Wilson. I’ve never been a fan of his; he was at one of his lowest as the star of this shitty ass movie. The one highlight of the movie was newcomer Sara Foster, who was very easy on the eyes, especially since the majority of her scenes she is in a bikini.

The direction wasn’t anything special. George Armitage did an okay job. But he didn’t have much to work with. The screenplay tried way too hard with the twist and turns and the acting wasn’t anything special either. He did do a great job making the movie look good, geographically, but it isn’t hard to make Hawaii look good.

This was a waste of my time. And I don’t think anyone will like this movie. Maybe Owen Wilson fans might, but I doubt it. He’s not meant to be a leading actor. He is all right as a sidekick or supporting actor and he should stick to that. Everybody should save their money and wait till this movie is on cable TV before watching it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home