Send As SMS

SENSES FAIL




"LET IT ENFOLD YOU"


Review Date: 08/04/04
Rating: 7/10
Rewiewed By: suj

The first time I heard this band was at rufio concert earlier this year and my first thought of them was that they were a lame rip-off of Taking Back Sunday, with clever lyrics, screams here and there, and the infamous swinging of the mic. But now after listening to his record I can say that they are indeed not a rip-off of TBS instead they have come into there own, they are Senses Fail.

"Let it Enfold You" is a highly creative album, sure a couple of the songs do sound similar, but fuck they are catchy as hell. The guitars are incredible and when backed by the pounding of the drums and the voice of Buddy Nielsen and his book of lyrical heartbreaks just makes the album flawless.

I'm sick of reading all the bull shit on the internet about Buddy's lyrics being simple, sure they are but sometimes we confuse that with creativity. Most times saying what's easy is the hardest to say. The lyrics are brilliant because Senses Fail puts a new spin on your average pop heartbreak song and that's what sets them apart from others in the music scene. There are stories intertwined within every song and yes the majority of them are about killing people, but there about killing people while your heart is clearly seen resting on your sleeve.

This album is filled with hard hitting hooks that I can't do justice in commenting you just gotta pick up the album when it comes out to hear exactly what I mean. Sure this album is more poppy then the "hardcore"-ness of their EP as people say, but the fact is I couldn't care less. "Let It Enfold You" satisfied my ears and filled me with musical glee, but will it stand the test of time? probably not, but for now it has found its place on a top my cd collection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home